Friday, November 26, 2010

Q&A: Extending children's health coverage

Not all insurers have to provide coverage for college kids. Under the new rules, they can wait until early next year.

Q: I have medical insurance through my employer. The insurance company is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana. I have a 23-year-old daughter who was dropped from my insurance policy due to graduation from college. My understanding of the health care bill is as of the effective date I should be able to enroll my daughter into the insurance policy. When I asked if I will be able to do this on Oct. 1, I was told no. I would, however, be able to enroll her when my employer has its annual enrollment, which is January of 2011. Is this correct? Read Story

You can find and compare student health insurance instantly at Discount Insurance Marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment